IFSA-Butler, Chile Office
Isabel, known to students as Isa, started her international experience when studied abroad as a high school student in Davenport, Iowa. In college, she had the opportunity to study indigenous cultures in Paraguay. As part of her Masters Studies in International Studies, she has traveled extensively throughout Latin America to participate in conferences. In her free time she participates in volunteer activities with immigrants, she enjoys cooking and spending time with her friends. She also loved discovering new places within Santiago, and her favorite place to travel outside the city is Chiloé, an archipelago in the South of Chile, known for its warm people and colorful legends.
Isa loves to share with students from going out to coffee to discussing politics and current events. She is always willing to help you with your class work.
The IFSA-Butler office is located in downtown Santiago in the International Relations building of the Universidad de Chile. We’re located one block from Line 1 of the Metro and the Gabriela Mistral Cultural Center, and two blocks from the Andres Bello campus of the Universidad de Chile, where the old office was located.
Our office has a classroom, conference room and computer lab, as well as computers for printing. We love having students visit us for whatever reason, so feel free to stop by.
Isabel Yévenes, Resident Director and Paulina Lopez Torres, Program Assistant, work here at the Santiago Office. Our office is centrally located near campuses of the Universidad Católica and Universidad de Chile. Do not forget that Isa and Abby are committed to guiding and assisting you throughout your whole experience here in Santiago. Our doors are always open.
- (Office From Outside Picture) Taken by: Abby Hall. Description: The IFSA-Santiago office, located at Avenida Portugal 24, in downtown Santiago.
- (Gabriela Mistral Cultural Center Picture) Taken by: Abby Hall. Description: The Gabriela Mistral Cultural Center was inaugurated in September 2010 and includes two performance venues, an Arts Library, art and photography exhibition spaces and rehearsal rooms.
- (Anthony and Liz IFSA Office Picture) Taken by: Abby Hall. Description: Fall 2010 IFSA-Santiago students Anthony Navarrete and Liz Daly outside the IFSA-Santiago Office.
- (Girls in Classroom Picture) Taken by: Abby Hall. Description: Fall 2010 IFSA-Santiago students Leah Martinez, Isel Otero-Vera and Liz Daly in the classroom at the IFSA-Santiago office.
- (Anthony IFSA Office Picture) Taken by: Abby Hall. Description: Fall 2010 IFSA-Santiago student Anthony Navarrete working in the IFSA-Santiago office.
- (Leah, Isel and Anthony in Office Picture) Taken by: Isabel Yevenes. Description: Fall 2010 IFSA-Santiago students Leah Martinez, Isel Otero-Vera and Anthony Navarrete eating lunch in the IFSA office.
- (Snow Picture) Taken by Isabel Yévenes. Description: Isabel and Abby at Farellones Ski Center in the Andes Mountains.